Heard a few guys complaining that I did an article on 10 Financial Tips for Women, and it seems as though I forgot about the guys. To make everybody happy, I decided to share “6 Financial Tips for Men.”
I should note that the financial tips that I listed for women, also work for men and the ones that I will list here work well for women as well. I could be wrong, but it seems that some women pay a bit more attention to their finances.
For those guys who find it difficult to get their finances on track, here are six financial tips for men:
1. Spend less than you earn – Please do not rack up unnecessary credit on credit cards, hire purchase loans and other leases with the view that you can pay it off in a few years. The more debt that you have, the less money that be saved for something else.
2. Ask for financial advice – Forget your ego when you’re in a financial bind and in need of some advice. Asking for help with your finances in no way makes you less of a man.
3. Save money– You should try to save a portion of your earnings. I can’t tell you how much you should save, because it depends on your specific situation, but you should try to save something.
4. Become self-sufficient – This entails knowing how to do the basics – cooking, cleaning, doing laundry and ironing. The cost of these services can add up over a period of time. If you can do it yourself, you can save yourself some money.
5. Plan for your retirement – You will not be young forever. It might be a harsh statement, but it’s meant to shock you into action. Get your pension funds going and grow them as much as you can.
6. Create a budget – I know that many men prefer to keep their finances “up top”. But a good budget allows you create a financial plan which can aid what is “up top.”