When I first started blogging, making money was not at the forefront of my mind. It was at the back of my brain just chilling. But then I found this link on Budgets are Sexy and I thought “Why not?”. I think it’s “doable”. Edward Antrobus launched the $3K Challenge in January 2012 and I joined! The aim of the $3K Challenge is to “simply” make $3k from blogging by the end of the year. I think it is achievable. At least I hope it is. The rules of this challenge are:
- Only online income sources will be counted – I can use online ads, affiliate marketing, paid blogging services and online sales. Recently, I signed up for Click Bank, so I will be adding that to my blog as soon as I can get acquainted. I also want to sell e-books relating to personal finance, so if you want to sell an e-book please link me (and spread the word).
- I can have as many websites as I want as long as they have under 1000 monthly visitors in December 2011. Hmmmmm, I have a travel blog (soon to be published), and I’m hoping to have some cool stuff on it that will hopefully lead to some income. In December 2011, I think Odd Cents averaged about 950 visitors (small number, but I’m extremely happy about it), so I’m good to go.
- I had to post a comment on the original call to action post, how I plan to make my money and a link to the blog(s) that I own – This was done. My comment was very vague and I really should have said more, but at that point in time, I was not sure how to get started. Click here to read my comment and the comments of the other challengers.
- I have to post updates on my earnings on specified deadlines. I have to state my revenue streams and how much money I made.
- If no one reaches that goal, the person who makes the most will win a concession prize – I’m hoping that this challenge will need to another challenge next year.
To see the list of challengers, please visit Meet the $3K Challengers. Good luck!!!