As many of you might know, I take my lunch to work everyday. Planning your lunch menu ahead of schedule can really make life easier, especially when you have to take a trip to the supermarket to buy ingredients.
One of my favourite lunch recipes is an easy pasta and meat sauce main course with some garlic bread on the side. I did not pay attention to the quantities, because I’m so used to making this recipe.
To make this unbelievable quick and easy recipe, you will need:
- Pasta of your choice – I love linguine, fettucine, angel hair and spaghetti
- Onions – I love onions, so I used one large one and chopped it up
- Sweet Pepper – I used half of a small sweet pepper and chopped it up as well
- Chopped Garlic – A few cloves of garlic
- Fresh/ Dried herbs – My favourites are thyme and parsley
- Ground Beef – One small tray is enough to feed four people with ease
- Vegetables – These are added to the pasta. My favourites are carrots, mushrooms, whole kernel corn and onions
- Condiments – Worcestershire Sauce, pepper sauce, ketchup
- Salt – I don’t like to cook with salt, so I just use a bit for the pasta
- Granulated Sugar – I usually use about a teaspoon
- Garlic Spread
- Parmesan Cheese
In a medium saucepan, lightly saute the chopped onions, garlic and sweet pepper and your herbs. Then add the ground beef and cook until it is no longer pink. This requires frequent stirring. Add some water, sugar and condiments to enhance the flavour of the sauce.
Meanwhile, in a medium pot, cook your vegetables and pasta in salted water until they are completely cooked. Carrots, mushrooms, corn and onions do not take long to cook and can be added the same time as your pasta. When finished, drain immediately to stop the pasta from getting soft and soggy.
This is to easiest to prepare and can be left as the last step. Spread garlic butter over some bread and put it in the microwave and heat about 10 -15 seconds. If you’re taking this to work, only heat the bread and better when you are ready to eat.
Tip: Sprinkle your pasta and meat sauce meal with some parmesan cheese when you’re ready to eat.