Congratulations on your decision to become a small business owner! You are on a path that could shape your future and the future of your community and country. By now, you should have conducted all of the research necessary to start your business. You should have identified a specific need that you want to provide a solution for. It might be a new idea, which elevates you to the rank of entrepreneur or it might be a business idea that is intended to solve a problem in your community, which will eventually lead to the creation of your very own small business.
This Small Business Hub is a helpful resource which provides guides on starting a business, managing a business and growing a business. Here is where you will also find information on our verified resources which will help you to get your business on the right track.
Starting a Business
Start here! You have an idea and you are ready to take it to the next step. In the Starting a Business guide find out all you need to know about:
- Writing a Business Plan – Create a plan which details the mission and vision for your business.
- Choosing a Business Structure – Decide whether you will manage on your own or with a partner.
- Registering a Business – Learn how registering your business can protect your rights as owner.
- Financing a Business – Finance your business via loans, grants, crowdfunding or bootstrapping.
Managing a Business
Now that you’ve spent so much time getting your business up and running, you should focus on how to manage it effectively. In the Managing a Business guide, find out all you need to know about:
- Operations Management – Manage the day to day operation of your business using tried and tested strategies.
- Business Laws and Regulations – Ensure that your business is compliant with laws and regulations.
- Accounting – Keep an eye on how your business is performing and monitor your finances.
- Human Resources Management – Effective management of your business’ human resources will have a positive impact on performance.
- Marketing – Use the right marketing strategies to reach your target market and initiate conversions.
Growing a Business
As a small business owner, you will only want the best for your business. Take the right steps to ensure that your business will grow. In the Growing a Business guide, find out all you need to know about:
- Branding – Build long-term value and create a leading reputation.
- Scaling Strategies – Increase your sales and grow your business.
- Innovation – Assess new trends and create new products and services.
- Business Reevaluation – Assess your business’ strategy and make changes where necessary.
- Succession Planning – Put steps in place to ensure the continuation of your business.
Small Business Hub
Take a look at our other posts on small business and entrepreneurship ventures!
Are you interested in some of these topics listed in our Small Business Hub, subscribe now and get a free copy of our checklist: 31 Ways to be the Macgyver of Personal Finance.
Follow Odd Cents on Facebook to join the discussion on hot topics.