Last week Thursday was Thanksgiving in the United States of America. This day is big a celebration and Americans give thanks for everything that they have. It caused me to think. What five things am I thankful for and why?
1. My job – It might not be ideal, but it gives me the opportunity to earn money and buy the things that I need. It also motivates me to pursue my goals and follow my dreams. I know that many of us grumble and gripe about your jobs, but at least we can pay a few bills.
2. My family – I am thankful that I have the type of parents that I have, my brother and my extended family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins etc.). We are very close and spend time with each other on a regular basis.
3. My friends – Good friends are hard to find and I’m happy for the few that I have. They give me advice and I give them advice when we go through our ups and downs. From time to time we have our disagreements, but at the end of it all, we’re still friends.
4. My boyfriend – He believes in me and encourages me to use my talents. He pushes me when I need to be pushed, and criticizes when I need it too. I can talk to him about anything and everything.
5. My dog – He is the sweetest pet that you could ever ask for. When he sees us (family and boyfriend) he gets so excited which I’m sure is his way of telling us that he loves us.
When you wake up each morning and take that breath, remember that you have a chance to do something great.